View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 07:39 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

For an example of what I am talking about, go to the usps website and put in the tracking number below:

LJ928798085US

This one was bound for Switzerland, and despite taking a wrong turn at Portugal (showing our postal system isn't the only one that makes mistakes), made its way back to Switzerland and shows as "Delivered" about 2 weeks after it was shipped. Notice that it also shows when the package was being held in Customs, and when it cleared Customs (in both Portugal and Switzerland ), which some buyers will ask about whether you shipped it yourself or used the GSP.

The main thing that eBay is concerned with when it comes to disputed deliveries is that there be a tracking number than can be entered on the USPS website, and that it says "Delivered" at the top when they do so. I could have either printed the shipping label to Switzerland myself and entered the tracking number on eBay's website, or printed the shipping label to Kentucky myself and entered the tracking number on eBay's website. As long as my packaging is sufficient for overseas travel either way, there really is no difference to me with respect to eBay Seller Protection, but it makes a world of difference to the buyer's shipping cost.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 02-25-2017 at 07:40 AM.