View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 03:48 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Sports Card Publications

I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but I have probably become the world's foremost 'expert' on 1962 Topps Green Tints. Over the years I've logged countless hours researching the GT set, from the ever so slight differences in the cropping of the photographs to the specific woodgrain patterns used in that series. I can now say with complete certainty that there are precisely 88 cards in this subset and I have solved many of its mysteries, including the 'Reniff conundrum' and the 'checklist enigmas,' as I have humorously come to call them.

It's too much to go into here, and I'm honestly not even sure there are too many people who even care about this set of variations (based on the virtual zero interest in my many posts seeking GT traders in the B/S/T), but I want to publish my findings in a sports card publication for everybody's edification. This would include my breakdown of the woodgrain usage as well as an official checklist for the series.

Many people have seen screenshots of pages from my 'Official 1962 Topps Green Tints Guide' here and there in various threads regarding the GT's. It details the specific 'tells' of both version of the cards, making it simple as pie to instantly tell the difference between the two. I was in contact with PSA about it, sending them samples and what not, because I know they can use it due to the excessive number of cards mislabeled by their organization. They have shown great interest in the guide.

I was also exchanging e-mails with Tom Bartsch at SCD about my research and my guide, but I haven't heard from him in a very long time, so I assume that avenue has dried up. Does anyone know of any other publications that I could approach with this project? For vintage collectors, this is actually pretty damn cool, because I've cleared up the issues regarding the specifics of the set and I want to publish my results!!

Anyone have any advice and/or information for me??

Thanks!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.