View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

"I do think that JK made a good point that maybe he reviewed cards and didnt give the true feedback. This could happen for many reasons, some good and some not so much. I for one would hate to tell someone that their most prized card is altered, bleh."

Scott understood but do you think I enjoyed telling the owners of the Hart card who I consider close friends their five figure card and pride of their T206 back collection was a fake?

The point is even that argument holds little water for me if you're out to make the hobby a better place you can't just do that for your pals or hold back info to protect your feelings or someone else’s IMO.

Besides I think the comments Kevin made were very telling to me regardless of how you dice it.

I never did considered Kevin quite the white knight a lot of folks did but I wasn't turned off to him either. I just always chalked Kevin up to be somewhat of a self promoting business man with an idea for a 4th party review service for big dollar cards. Not unlike the card pricing site business startups awhile back using the board as a platform etc.

Now after reading this I'm pretty clear and have come to the conclusion I would never send Kevin any $$$ cards and his creditability with me is way below that of any of the 3rd party grading companies.

Do I think Kevin is a master forger nope I think Kevin is his own biggest fan in that area.

I do feel that honest folks don’t say stuff like that or even allude to it joke or not that's what really bothers me.

I also thought the folks on here should know. I would feel pretty bad if Kevin did turn out bad later on and folks who were sending him cards got burned in someway.

With that said I do respect all of your opinions that's what is great about discussions like this.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 05-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.