View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Default OT: 1949 Bowman PCL + Public Thank You !

Posted By: Jason

I know I am new to the board, and as such, my starting an OT thread is somewhat frowned upon, but Leon, I hope you can indulge me for just this once, and then I will go back to lurking!

I would like to thank the board, and some members in particular, notably Mr. Vargha, for helping me locate some very scarce (or rare!) cards of my cousins, in the 49 B PCL set. His suggestions, as well as those of others, led me to Levi Bleam, who had both cards of the brothers that I was looking for !!!
At any rate, thank you all who helped, I got the cards this weekend in great shape, and couldn't be happier.

I have also learned alot about an era in card collecting that I have yet to venture into, but this is a superb board with great info, and I will continue lurking...better prepared should I ever make the leap.

Perhaps that would be a neat thread, if it hasn't been addressed for some time - "What was your first vintage purchase that got you "hooked" on that era in collecting?"

Should I ever jump in, it will be to collect cards of the Chicago Cubs, I imagine....
anyway, thanks again everyone!
Jason