View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
Hank Aaron is the all time king of accumulators. Led the league in home runs only 4 years out of 23. RBI's: 4 times. Hits: twice. Doubles: 4 times.

Not saying he wasn't awesome though - because he accumulated all star level stats for at least 20 of his 23 years. But never hit 50 home runs. Never won the triple crown.
If Aaron is an accumulator, which player is not an accumulator?

I'm not going to knock a player because they didn't hit 50 homers or win a triple crown.

" He's ( Aaron ) the King of accumulators, but not saying he wasn't awesome though ". Your words. This is either a backhanded compliment or conflicting statements.

If you want to play the stats game, Aaron hit 40 or more homers in 8 seasons, had 100 or more rbi's in 11 seasons with 5 additional seasons of 90 or more rbi's, led the league in hits twice and 2 batting crowns.

Mantle, btw, only had 4 seasons of 100 rbi's and led the league 1 time in the category over an 18 year career. 4 years of 40 or more homers, never led the league in hits and 1 batting crown.

I refer to Mantle in comparison because of his status.

Both Aaron and Mantle are all-time greats and I wouldn't label either as an accumulator. However, to each their own......