View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Brandon Brown

Default Good News for Many of You!

Just a note to let everyone know that I am officially giving up the vintage card hobby. Ive gotten tired of all the wealthy "inverstor" collectors bitching. Obviously this isnt a "little man's" hobby anymore. People have become so focused on the art of the deal, that they no longer take into consideration that there are more important things out there than expensive pieces of cardboard. When things come up for people in the real world, and they have to choose between helping family, or they have situations come up that are beyond their control, most poeple would put those things in the forefront of their attention.
Yes, I admit, I have gotten myself into situations that were avoidable, and I am sorry that I inconvenienced people in that manner. HOWEVER, when situations have arisen that I explain to individuals are temporary, I still get the same flack. As ot seems like I am repeatedly finding myself in these financial binds, I am no longer going to be a part of the hobby in any capacity. The vast majority of personalities Ive seen lately concern me as to where the future of the hobby may be headed. I just dont have the patience or the "business sense" to handle it anymore.
As I said, MANY of you will be celebrating this decision, and I am happy for you. As for the several decent, well meaning people Ive come to consider friends, good luck, and I hope your collections flourish. As for me, I am just too small of a fish in too big of a pond. I know I wont be missed by many (if any) but I just had to post this before I ride off into the sunset. Please proceed to flame at will.

Brandon Brown