View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Dave Becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active since 1973 View Post
The all white (no Yellow) Fleer quiz cards were prepared for the early release during Fleer's infamous fight versus Topps for rights to use MLB logos....that was subsequently settled and once Fleer had the go ahead to use Logos of teams the rest of the season the Yellow version (with Logos) was used.

As for the 1970 decals....no patches were issued with them...just the decals...one rectangular and one square decal in each pack. There are those that will argue about both types coming out at the same time...but I have assembled many sets of both and the only wrapper ever seen is the one from 1970....so that's were my "money" goes!!

BJI....Fleer fan for the last 43 years!!
The decals that I have include the Texas Rangers. This would put them around 1972 at the earliest. I've seen no evidence so far that they were released as early as 1970. Perhaps they were only issued for one year. They are much less commonly found than the patches.

The patch packs had four patches and four quiz cards per pack. The decals are flimsy and also needed backing. What was the backing inserted with the decals? Quiz card or something else? No one has been able to answer this for me. I've not heard of anyone with an unopened pack or even a wrapper for the decals. Someone out there has to have that.