View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 AM

Default Brace photo discussion

Hello to all:

My name is David Jenkins, a retired sportswriter and collector since 1966. I have run the gamut from Topps completist to historian to obsessed with Topps Vault archives and George Brace Collection.
I conducted the original interview with Jeffrey Kelch, CEO of Digital Archive, last May. I, like you, have heard nothing about the hundreds of thousands of images going to the MLB teams since. I would like to contact him again, as he was very cordial, but I do not have an official platform to conduct one.
That may or may not change, but the reason I wanted to put this thread out there about the Braces, is that a dealer has made available several of the so-called "white whales" from the 60s and 70s that have been almost universally accepted as being unavailable or impossible to find.

Here are Dennis James (67 Cubs) and Rich Barry (69 Phillies)

James and Barry 001.jpg

I have acquired nearly a dozen that seem to be similarly scarce and am close to getting others. My question is this: are these really so scarce that I have tapped a mother lode, and does this board wish me to share them? It seems clear that the Brace family has no claim over them or their usage, and right are pretty close to being in the public domain as that the digital downloads are what seem to offered to the MLB teams, not original negative (many of which are in an unknown status). My hope is to share some of these images, in hopes others have their own "whales" to share.