View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore330 View Post
I'm looking for some feedback. I recently purchased (not yet in hand) a magazine from 1912 that I have been trying to track down for a long time. The magazine contains some high quality prints/supplements and is complete. My main interest is only in one of the prints because it is a rare image of a popular athlete. (Vague, I know, but I want to make sure it is in hand before getting into details.)

What would you do: Keep the magazine complete, or remove the print to enjoy by itself (possibly framed)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I would remove it and enjoy it. This hobby is supposed to bring joy so do what makes you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I would keep the magazine complete and frame a high res scan of the print you want. If it is that rare or valuable, perhaps a safe deposit box would be a good place to store it. That is what I have been doing with most of my Gehrig photos and autos.
These framed items are examples of what can be done with nice scans of the originals and noone is the wiser.

WOW those are awesome. I would do this and then sell the originals so someone could enjoy them.