View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Along the same theme, I have a very limited interest in stamped buyback cards, mainly those of my favorite player. If the original card was one I liked a lot as well, a buyback version is cool to have too.

My only complaint to that type of recycled issue, because there is probably a fan or buyer for most of these buybacks, is that they are a complete mystery. We don't know if there are 1000s or just 3 of any given card or foil color. I am guilty for sure in paying many times more for a buyback than the original card would even fail to sell for at 1/10th the price. Most of the buybacks seem to pup up infrequently enough to tell me there are not a great number of each available, but I suppose on the other hand if they were cataloged in a detailed manner, they would probably cost me more.

It was also nice to pick up some more obscure autographs from the Leaf buyback series as well. With a lot of these sets doing buybacks now, it is fun to find some Dodger autographs that are not the well overused and common Garvey, Cey, Hough, Valenzuela, Padres, Etc. Added bonus to get a pack issued autograph as well, rather than relying on TTM/IP signatures to get certain players on certain teams.
OTOH, I love the buyback cards, they have to be in shorter supply than the original cards even if they make 100 of some copy

Rich