View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Ted Zanidakis

JIM"S POST #20....5/24/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc1909 View Post
thanks for all the kind words about the set.

Craig & Scot & Ted- more research needs to be done on the Sovereign 350 cards. We need to know what fronts come on the apple green and if the same front can be found with both colors.
It is kanda interesting to see if 350-460 cards are the ones with this back. maybe just an ink problem, but it will be fun researching. Maybe not an ink problem.

MY RESPONSE, POST #25....5/25/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
As I said in my last post, I think you are on to some thing in your "apple green" observation....regarding the 55 Subjects
found in the 350/460 series of the other T-brands.

For now, I am going by memory; however, I may have a lot more than 8 apple green cards in my Sovereign set. When I
am home later today, I will check-out my set and provide you with a more definitive accounting of my apple green cards.

TED Z

Tim

I was away on 5/24/2009 when Jim contacted me (as noted in the two POSTS cited here from that thread).

When I returned home that evening I went through my SOVEREIGN set. And, as I have stated......"It became immediately evident to me (that the cards with apple green
backs were the 350/460 subjects).

Until that point in this discussion this fact was not certain, as it was based on just a sampling of SOVEREIGN cards. Furthermore, the thinking was that these cards were
either printed with the apple green color and/or the darker green color....or, they were simply faded backs. It was just a guessing game at that point.

We might still be conjecturing over the significance of the apple green cards, if it I had not completed the SOVEREIGN set....which confirmed the connection between the
apple green cards and the 350/460 series subjects. Furthermore, my set revealed 11 more apple green cards, namely the 6 super-prints with their SOVEREIGN 350 backs;
and, the Joe Doyle, Red Kleinow (NY), Simon Nichols, Bob Rhoades, and Frank Smith (white cap) cards.

This continuing effort of yours (grasping at any thing) to discredit me has become tiresome.

Part of the reason that I posted this thread is to show members on this forum that when we combine expertise, we can solve any "mystery" in this hobby.

TED Z