View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:55 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I know many defend PSA, and I get that, but the things I have seen in my relatively short time here on Net54 is enough for me to think I'll likely never send anything into PSA to get graded.
I have never sent anything in personally, because that would likely be the last thing to cause me to totally lose my mind on raw cards that I have owned for a long time, and know every single detail of the flaws they have already. I buy PSA vintage online mainly for a point of reference with the grade and my price point, and to ensure that - figuring most times they are at least going to be in the right ballpark - a card doesn't have a hidden crease, or some other drastic flaw which is hard to spot that might lead to an otherwise 7 card grading a 3 or 4. I collect cards like that for eye-appeal over price, but don't want to pay ridiculous prices. For at least that much, I think TPG's are on the whole reputable. But yes, the consistency issues that PSA has across the board - would be very troublesome I would think for hardcore collectors.

Last edited by jchcollins; 07-31-2018 at 08:56 AM.