View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Mike Navarro

If you decide to go away from the cuts, I have this Babe Ruth signed print available for sale. $2950 net to me, no trades. Print is framed/matted, but truthfully, I think the frame job is kind of cheesy and doesn't do justice to the item. Comes with full LOA from JSA if that is important to you. Inscription and signature have lightened over the years, but I'd rate it as a 5 to 6 out of 10. Has crease through the date as you can see in scans.

Here is how Robert Edward Auctions described it when they auctioned it back in 2004.

Noted sports artist Burris Jenkins entitled this black-and-white print "Home." In it Jenkins depicts Ruth, hat in hand, looking out over Yankee Stadium on "Babe Ruth Day, April 26, 1947." The drawing is signed and inscribed by Ruth in black ink ("6") as follows: "To Ray Kilthan (?), A good friend is a real friend and that's the way I think about you. Sincerely Babe Ruth 6-27-47." The print measures 9" x 12" and has a crease in the lower right corner beneath Ruth's signature. "Drawn by Burris Jenkins" and the title "Home!" have been expertly added to the background in pencil. This is done so well it appears as made, and enhances the visual appeal of the piece. A very substantial and significant signed Babe Ruth print, capturing one of the most touching moments in the history of sport. Ideal for display.