View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
RE: the A*B* cards there should be 132 subjects since they affect the A* sheet only.

To date, no concrete info exists on what packaging type(s) they come from.

Topps printed cards for two different destinations: hobby and retail and there are distinct variations between those runs and they each had their own set of correction runs as well.

For example: boxes marked 'PICTURE CARDS' had certain errors initially that boxes produced at the same time marked 'BUBBLE GUM CARDS' did not. And visa-versa. Over time and updates to the plates, these eventually had some of the same versions in each box. To further complicate things, there are variations that only exist in one type or the other.

This set is probably the most complex in Topps' (flagship) history, there is no real defined master set list to work off of, which, to me, makes it more fun and allows some flexibility. I went further into this in a Beckett article a few years ago.

Happy to answer any questions I can about this set. I've spent way too much of my life with these cards.
I pulled A*B* cards from 2 separate cello boxes (bought from same person). Sold most of the cards for $5 each. I have 3 A*B* McGwires, and all are diamond cut with a print line. If I remember correctly, there is a manager card (or 2) that doesn't have the A*B* copyright (but should have had it).