View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 09:03 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Larry, I don't think what PSA's president told you was quite what has been PSA's long standing policy. I've also tried to get a lot of uncatalogued cards graded, and what customer support at PSA has always told me is that if the card is not is not some standard catalog (e.g, Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards), then PSA will not grade it. So the process has always been, first get your card catalogued (which won't be easy anymore since the Standard Catalog is going out of business), then come back to PSA to show that the card is now catalogued, and then they will grade it. This has worked for me before for some W590 cards that I was trying to grade.

Regarding variations, I would think that first the variation has to be known in some catalog like the above, and then you would need to prove the difference in value among the variations like PSA has said. Even then, they may decide not to grade it. It's up to them. This is why I use all three TPG's PSA, SGC and Beckett. The cards that PSA doesn't grade, I sent to SGC (e.g., Real Photo Postcards). The cards that PSA and SGC don't grade, then I send to Beckett (e.g., notepads).

BTW, regarding newspaper clippings, I think all 3 TPG's grade these (e.g., 1927 Rinkeydink stamps)

Last edited by glchen; 04-21-2019 at 09:04 PM.