Thread: PSA 4 Grading
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 09:55 PM
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
Again, I would have felt the same way. None of my PSA 4s have anything that resembles those creases/wrinkles. Nor do the countless ones I've observed online or in person. Regardless of when they were graded.

These opinions that it's so normal, accurate, and expected for a 4 to possibly have that level of damage are honestly baffling. Especially for a card that's already going to lose ground from its centering/bottom right conrner
The selection of 53 Bowman Berra cards is rather poor. I bought the card, not the holder because it had eye appeal and the price was reasonable in light of the grades and prices that are currently offered. A very good to excellent card for me has some softness in the corners and may not be perfectly centered. I worked card shows and in baseball card shops from 1975-1996 so I have had experience with grading.

I realize that grading is very subjective, even when there are more or less guidelines that have been established. Right now I have a Kretlow with perfect centering and a nice image; its flaw is that it has a minuscule paper wrinkle on the top right of the card. It was advertised as vg/ex by the seller I purchased it from and though I'm tempted to keep it as it looks great I am trying to have a wrinkle and crease-free mid-grade set. I will advertise it as vg/ex because there is damage to the card as light as it is.

I was hoping this Berra would be a keeper, but I guess I'll have to keep searching and hope I run across another vg/ex to excellent condition card at the price I paid for this copy. Thank you for the feedback from both sides of the equation.