View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:18 AM
Mike Dugan

I have over 700 team guides dating back to he 1930's. I also have a run of Spalding, Reach and TSN guides dating to the 1880's. I also have a like amount of pro football guides.

While a few NFL teams have gone "green" in recent years I doubt that the MLB teams will follow. The guides along with yearbooks are major sellers both at the stadium and on-line. Some NFL teams have gone to reduced numbers too, they are scarce. Most NFL teams issue a weekly game guide that is spiral bound and well over 200 pages, it is a "live" media guide that is constantly updated. These must keep the PR departments busy!

Having 81 home dates and souvenir shops throughout the stadiums make MLB guides very popular. I have to add that all 30 PR departments do a wonderful job with their guides too. The Yankees even make theirs available through Barnes & Noble as well as their yearbooks.

A few years ago I sold over 1,200 college football guides but still have around 500. I think as I move through my 60's I will start reducing my collection. I have a final project goal of having a guide from what I deem the top 75 college football programs for each year 1960-79. I may never complete it but they are great fun and they bring back some wonderful memories or growing up watching on Saturdays. If you have college guides from these years I might have a need!