View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 10:13 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
One never post anything cool on here till you at least have a tracking # and the item is in the mail. There are people on here that will email the seller and buy it out from under you. It has happened several times.
It's happened to me - not here, but in a comic book collecting forum. Didn't help matters that I generally use my real name, as I do here, as a matter of course. The only reason I did it was because I first learned of the existence of the item in question, an exceedingly rare comic book, in that forum, then searched Ebay for it just for the heck of it, and found a seller offering a copy for an obscenely low price. I thought the irony was too good not to share, and I also naively thought once the Pay Pal transaction was completed the seller was obligated to ship it to me... until the seller refunded my payment and claimed he didn't actually have the book, it was listed by mistake. Yeah, right.

I learned my lesson that day.