View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:56 AM
J Kar_aka$

Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
Hi Jared, wouldn't you think there would have to be some chance that there could be some with a top white border based on where the card exists on the MB sheet, unless the burlap goes far beyond what I'll call the normal cut line for the cards? Here is a regular sheet from 1968, there is at least some white outside the burlap on all sides. Since we don't have an uncut MB sheet we may never know for sure. It's really hard to see on this sheet how much if any white is above the burlap on the top row cards.

I'd love to have a definitive answer as I try to use possible white border's on MB's vs. regular issue to verify MB's when searching on line as its very difficult to tell by color alone due to the inconsistency of scanner settings. If I'm off on Merritt, I'm off on at least 10 others.
I can only speak from experience, and I’ve yet to see a top white border for the Merritt row. If it does exist it would have to be pretty far up. If you see one definitely pick it up. The best way to find the cards without borders is to compare back scans from the same seller. Good chance they have other non MB 68 listings and use the same scanner settings. If possible, just compare cards from the first two series so the back color stays consistent.