View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Grant Rainsley

Here are a couple for both Troy and Jeff.......with a story. Bruce Gainer played with the Riders in the early '70's during their powerhouse era. Said they were an incredibly tight team, likely due to leadership by Ronnie and George. He now lives in sleepy Powell River, B.C., where I do, and I have been lucky enough to hook up with him at the Legion for a beer or three.....and he loved my questions, one of which was "What did you manage to keep from your playing days?" Nothing, much to his regret. He had two issues, OPC/Sargent stickers and a Gulf Oil promo photo. I got the Sargent, but am still looking for the Gulf issue for him. The big guy got a little misty when I presented it to him over a beer. Just a great moment. (By the way, the Riders mascot is named Gainer. Not after Bruce though, it is an anagram of Regina.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bruce Gainer OPC.jpg (66.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Bruce Gainer.jpg (77.9 KB, 69 views)
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com