View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auctions: Ambush Marketing?

Posted By: Kenny Cole

I think Peter's analysis is entirely correct. Say nothing, do nothing, and people bid because, as has been said several times in another thread, the stuff trumps everything. It all blows over, money is made, and all is good.

It seems to me that, whatever auction you are bidding on, you need to have some level of confidence in the integrity of the seller. If you don't have that and bid anyway, then IMO, you have no room to bitch when things go south. It isn't hard -- you bid to your comfort level and no more. If you don't have much comfort with the seller, you bid less. If you think you won't get screwed, you bid more if its a card you want.

This "I'll bid ln on a maybe-seller anyway because stuff trumps all else" is great until the winner doesn't get what they thought they were going to get. Then I suspect the tone will change. I suggest that if someone chooses to bid on a "stuff trumps everything" auction offered by a suspect seller, they pretty well deserve whatever they get. That's my two cents.

Kenny Cole