View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
Same card:
Could someone please explain this?? About a 40% drop from '09 to March '18. With another 25% drop from March to May '18. I find this alarming......or fantastic - I'm not sure.

Attachment 317859
Attachment 317860
Attachment 317861
I collect blue chip HOFers and I recently got into E Cards (from t206). Before embarking on an E-Card expedition, I did a deep dive into the market place for Players like Cobb, Wagner, Ruth, Young, Jackson, Plank, Matty. It became very clear that across the board, prices for these E Cards peeked in about 2008, and the same cards are trading at 40%-60% of their 2008 highs. I posted a thread about this asking why, and the two main explanations I received were (1) a few major collectors competing for the same cards and driving up prices and now those collectors are not there, (2) shilling in auctions like Mastro and Legendary (as Sam seems to suggest). BTW- I include confectionary cards in this group as “E Cards”.

That said, I have noticed lately that pries for E, D and T cards of the blue chip HOFers have really gone up; it’s not just t206. In fact, in some cases prices begin to push 2008 highs, which is concerning (I think). Same is true for rarer issues of T Cards, like t204, t213 - t216 (indeed, I just recently gladly paid a shit-ton for a rare t214 victory tris speaker).

The Matty discussed above does not fit this model, but look what has happened with the 1914 CJ Matty. I believe the market for total blue chip HOFers, regardless of card (T, E, Confectionary, post card) is super strong, and the rarer the card, the stronger the market.