Thread: T-210 Market
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Frank Wakefield

Golly, Jay. What can I say about it... a few of us understand the beauty of these Old Mill red border Bluegrass League cards, and most of the folks could care less. I do thank you for posting it...

Leo Thomas Angermeier played in over 600 professional games. A catcher. In 1921 he hit .321 for the pennant winning Frankfort Statesmen. His average was 84 points better than the next best hitting team-mate. His 147 hits was high for the team; and his 17 doubles tied for team best. He handled the pitchers, anchored the team, and was a main reason they won the pennant. I knew you had that card with his grin and that large catcher's mitt. If I ever stop by for a visit you need to be sure you don't leave that card laying around. Or if you find yourself with a duplicate one day, hollar down Kentucky way.

While that's a beautiful Stengel, it is Angermeier with that glove that I'd ask for, if offered both. How many folks here would say that???

And David, your Goostree leaning on his bat, that is a great card!!! I see that "A" on there, and to some it isn't as attractive as those "50's" you've posted, but that's a really nice, tough card. Second nicest to me is that card of Jeff Tesreau (now how did he get to be called 'Jeff'?). He was a solid pitcher for Mr. McGraw in 1912. McGraw's other starters we've all heard of because of T206... Mathewson, Marquard, Ames, and Wiltse. But I don't think the Giants can win like they did if they'd lost Tesreau and replaced him with a .500 pitcher. I'd not seen a Tesreau card, just knew it was on Mr. Lipset's list. If you find yourself with a spare one that's a bit worn, please let me know!