View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I would have preferred that this auction not have been outed. As others have said, although Ruth is widely searched on ebay, people miss auctions all the time. I have a saved search on Ruth, but I did not know of this auction until I saw the net54 posting. You can see how dramatically in price this card rose on a typically slow Saturday for ebay after the thread went up. Especially since this auction was a 1 day auction, ending at a strange time, there might have been a small chance to pick it up at a decent price. As Brock said, it's not that you need to weed out every Ruth collector. You just need to have the ones who would have been willing to bid more than you for this auction miss it.

The price for this card was very strong, especially considering the back damage. It might even grade an authentic for all we know. This card sold on ebay last year for ~10K in SGC5. It was then flipped to PSA 5, and sold at Migh High for over 30K to Spence. Peter picked up a very nice version of this card last year also. No question, this card is hot.
Actually, it was encapsulated in a PSA 5.5 holder and sold in MIle High for $44K!