View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Steve, I think you missed this post by Leon in this thread which already answers your post: Link.

Clayton, there's this tool called snipe software, which people use to try to minimize the final price of an auction. So not sure why your potential poll would even be relevant to this debate.
Gary, the poll idea was more of a joke. I know about sniping software as well. Here's the way I looked at it. The OP has been a regular poster on this board, longer than both you and I, and I'm sure he knows how people feel about "outing auctions". So, I'm pretty sure he brought attention to the auction for the benefit of the board as a whole-it was a 24 hour auction and a rare item. Not everyone sits on ebay all day long or uses auction sniping software, but the regular posters and board members seem to check the board on a daily or somewhat regular basis.

So, maybe he wanted "board members" who might have an interest in this item, but may not have noticed the auction, to have a shot at it?

I understand people do not like auctions being outed. I get it. But how many of the people who are mad about this auction being outed bid on this item? Anyone? Did you bid before it was outed,or after?

If a rare item is in a major auction house, do you get upset when someone posts "XXXX auction is up and running!!!"?

All of this revolves around the fact that "someone" didn't get a chance at a steal- but the OP gave the whole board a chance to bid on something they might not have noticed if it weren't for this thread. It was a 24 hour auction.

This is just my opinion, and I'm ok with being wrong, if I am.

Sincerely, Clayton