View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Mike Dugan

This is one of the great things about baseball, the debates that can go on forever.

I appreciate both sides of this debate and side on the they were both great but they should not be in the Hall.

In my opinion one of the things that makes the Baseball Hall of Fame special is the ethics clause. While we all know that there are several rascals already in, it makes it more special in my mind that the quality of the human being matters.

I enjoy watching pro football but the Pro Football Hall of Fame (which I have visited) is not special in my opinion. From the Lawrence Taylors of the world to the Warren Sapps and Michael Irvins, these are just not quality human beings.

There are some players in Cooperstown that I have encountered that are beyond rude like Mays, Bench and now Randy Johnson. They may be rude but they have never injured anyone off the field that I know about?

Heck, if Lawrence Phillips could still run some NFL team would try to get him off this latest charge of killing his cell mate.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's dissenting opinions, this is a cool part of baseball.