View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 08:30 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Good question; back is blank.
Seems to have the same image and type font/size. It could very well be the 1966 Yankees Team Issue.

Here is where I found the images/checklist:
https://www.tradingcarddb.com/Galler...-Yankees-Set-B
Edit: Guys that were not on the Yankees in 1966 in this "set": Berra, Stafford, Ralph Terry.

Edit: Looks like there is also a 5x7 version of the same set. So I'll have it sent to me and see how big it is.

Maybe the Yankees bought their photos from the Sports Service guy.
John, I'm curious as to the size of the photo. I have that very same photo in 4 different Yankee team sets - 1962, 1965, 1966, and 1967. Of course the years I assigned each set is based upon the players in the sets and could be off. The Mantles are identical with a couple of slightly different croppings. I measured 2 of the photos (1965 and 1966) and they are 4-3/4" by 7". I always assumed these were sold at the stadium and therefore called "team issued" by the guidebook. I had seen the link you posted before and I assumed the Sports Service sets were the "team issued" sets. Yeah, I know what happens when you "assume" something. I'm heading out for the weekend but will post pictures of the Mantles I have showing the slight cropping variations next week. I'll also list who is in each set and the reason for the years I assigned.