View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 05:26 AM
David Peck

As a kid growing up I used to head up to the newsstand and sit for hours reading the various wrestling magazines. I always saw pictures of Jerry Lawler and him ranked near the top of the wrestling world and always thought he was working in the minor leagues and if he was so great he would come wrestle in the WWF. Little did a young guy know that he was a ratings smash, a great worker, an awesome talker and a co owner making big bucks from the wrestling business. His commentary during the attitude era was simply amazing and he is a true asset to the wrestling business. He interacts with fans and you can tell he has devoted his entire adult life to wrestling and loves it. His card is lower pop in general and has really firmed up in price. One of the primary reasons I don't sell cards from my collection generally is I sold years ago a PSA 9 for $60 because I had a few others. Woops.

This is one of my favorite cards. It is a Pop 3 but only 2 exist as one was crossed over in 2010 to BGS. There is a non wrestling collector who owns the other one and he got it many years ago for $56. Score! I was fortunate enough to buyout another collector who was building sets on the registry and purchased mine from him years ago for $250.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lawlerfront081.jpg (41.3 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Dpeck100; 05-08-2018 at 12:40 PM.