View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
This is the worst excuse a seller can use IMO. He chose to do what he does for a profession. If that means he spends extra time to do it the right way, then that's what he should do. If he doesn't want to be bothered with low end cards, then he shouldn't consign them.

A seller's first and foremost responsibility is customer service. Allowing fraudulent behavior, sending rude responses to potential buyers, ignoring glaring listing issues and giving buyers the runaround of having to deal with a return when the problem could've been fixed up front - none of those fall into the category of good customer service.

Der.ek Oue.llette
+1

I can't imagine telling a client, "I don't have time to pay attention to your issue, I'm busy dealing with much more important clients."

Over the years I have seen a number of provably bad items (like Autopens) offered by this seller and he has been notified. They never get taken down.

His business model is quite simple to replicate. It's a low rent auction house that undercuts "real" auction houses probably because he pays entry level workers to list, photograph and deal with the shipping. No in-house experts, no software licensing, no benefits... Stuff that established houses have to pay.

So, basically you are getting what you bargained for when dealing with him. Maybe a cheaper price. Definitely cut rate service.