View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: Chris

Leon, This is in no way an insult to you and how you run this board as I do feel that you do a great job and work hard at making it a good place for information. With that being said in one post Leon said how much he would like some of the other collectors with incredible collections to post on here. Well the fact is they do not and will not post in forums because it opens them up to personal attacks like Jim has been opened up to. Why? Because he mentioned something about the value of cards. What is wrong with that? We all know the value of these things. Heck even Jay started a post about how strip cards are not cheap anymore. That has to do with value. TBOB started one not long ago about how hot caramel cards were which had alot to do with value of cards. Now I don't bring this up to in anyway criticize those board members for that but I just don't understand why Jim gets attacked when he does it. I guess my main point is this, if we as a board would like it to grow and be the best it can be it would be nice to cut down on the personal attacks and respect people's different opinions instead of attacking them like they are not entitled to think differently. To those people who attack Jim for talking value, we all think about value at some point. We can collect because we love it but we all know the value and we ALL are "guilty" of talking about the value of vintage cards at some point. All of us! Not just Jim. In closing I would just like to say there are more important things to worry about in this country than to have a fight over who is more of a true collector on this board. We all either lurk here or post here because we enjoy old cards. So I would like to challenge all board members to clean things up a little with less personal attacks so we could show some of these great collectors what a friendly board we can be and maybe, just maybe we could get a couple of them to post here and share their collections or information with us.