View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: hrbaker

Passionate people are passionate about what they are passionate about! I think that's a tautology but I know it is true. Vintage card collectors are no different. It's an open forum for the most part and you can chose to read and respond to what you like. If you post an opinion (and certainly if you post it as fact) you can expect a response from passionate people, pro or con. Vintage cards are a hobby for most of us and a business/hobby for the rest. No one is entitled to own or collect anything. If you can afford it and chose to spend your money on it - great! If there is something you want but can't afford - tuff darts. That's fact of life that applies to most anything. I have several nice cards I have owned for a long time that if I had to buy them today they woud be out of my range. Does that make me mad, jealous, envious? No, it's a fact of life, much like a larger house, nicer car, etc. I try to keep this love of mine in the realm of a hobby and out of the peeing contest folder. I celebrate with people who can acquire great cards that they want and if they choose to look at them as both a hobbyist and an investor - so what. I have a limited amount of income that I chose to devote to my hobby, I have to make my choices based on that. The fact that there may be some things I would like to have (read: not need to have) and chose not buy becuase of price has nothing to do with anybody else and what they do.