View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default Bricol Enterprises - Wonderful Story

Posted By: Paul

I have side by side scans of the fake and a real one (taken from a Mastro catalog I believe). They are attached to an email and I can forward them to you if you give me your email address. I'm not quite sure how to extract them from the email to post them here. Anyhow, the give away is in the border. It looks yellow from age, but if you blow up the scan you can see that the border (which should be white) is actually made up of tiny yellow dots. This is not the case with the real one, which has a true white border.

Also, the person I was trading with saw an overall difference in the look of the cards. I'm not quite sure what he saw, but you may see the same thing. And maybe I should get my eyes checked.

One more thing, when I got the card back I measured it and it was about 1/16" small in both directions compared to my other D304s. The Cobb had a General Baking back, and my others are Brunners, and I don't know whether cards having different backs should be the same size. I suspect they should.