View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default Only certain people can post here

Posted By: Mark

I fully agree with Ryan that it would be helpful to many if there was an ongoing thread on here titled "eBay: scams, mislistings, etc." so that:

i) novices could check with (any willing) experts as to the validity of vintage cards offered for sale on ebay; and

ii) people could list scrupulous sellers (they are not always so obvious as the ones who refuse to guaranty the cards handed down by their grandpappies).

Vintage card prices are a function of demand and supply. Our cards would go up in value if there was more demand. There would be a more demand IMHO if novices did not consistantly get ripped off by ebay scammers and, as a direct result, stop collecting/investing. So it may be in teh best interest of even those who know more than enough to avoid the scams to care about helping others avoid the scams for the sake of the industry. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. What's all this discussion of 1946 Cuban cards - doesn't everyone know that the "war" ended in September of 1945 when Japanese Foreign Minister Mamoru Shigemitsu signed an agreement to surrender abourd the U.S.S. Missouri, thereby defining the parameters of this board, and that cards from 1946 are clearly offlimits? Geez.