View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 10:44 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
I love Topps Living, although I'm not as active with it as i was when it first came out. IMO that Ohtani should be his top RC, just can't beat the artwork.

Regardless, I think there is definitely a place in the hobby for it though...although I have splurged this summer with the Reds rookie class, has to be the best ever in franchise history.
I am still trying to figure out what I want from Topps Now. I don't want everything. I have always liked stupid niche sets. So preseason team sets called "Road to Opening Day," and the card of the month, and the All Star Set, and the Post Season sets are probably what I will wind up repeating.

I started in 2019 or 2020 with just a card or two. I really like Now from the team collector perspective. It's so convenient. This Reds "Road to Opening Day" is my fourth year. I enjoy the Bonus cards. For Reds, the Wade Miley bonus card was cool. they don't really hold any value though.

I started following Topps Now Facebook group last year. They do group buys, 50% off per card and if parallel cards show up they bingo ball those to the buyers. I didn't get any parallels last year buying direct from Topps, so I figured I might as well save 50% of my money if I'm not going to get any parallels. I did get an Eugenio Suarez parallel card earlier this year out of the group buy. When Elly got called up I subscribed to the Reds buyers group. So I have splurged too this year! Between Elly, Abbott, McLain, Steer it's at least 2 cards per week. Much more than last year!

it's so convenient knowing I don't have to check the website every day.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 07-19-2023 at 10:46 PM.