View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Curt

scans, man…where are the scans!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason94Cobra View Post
I am ECSTATIC to announce that I finally have in my possession a 1975 Mengler Johnny Bench card... but it gets better... I also have the ORIGINAL pencil sketch of the Bench that is also SIGNED by Bench... I am going to take a hit on the unsigned card for a corner or two, but I HAVE to have it graded for my PSA Master Bench set...

I will probably also have the Stargell and Concepion cards graded too since I have them now... I can never reveal the price of the Bench cards, but I can tell you I wouldn't sell them for $10,000...

I call them my unicorns!!!

Sorry if I am over excited, I have been collecting Johnny Bench stuff since I was about 11 years old in 1985 and I have NEVER seen one of these for sale, let alone the obvious rarity of the 1 of 1 signed original sketch...

That being said... I am interested in any other Bench Mengler cards that show up on the market in the future only because I feel I will be lucky to see a VG3 or 4 on this one due to the corner... it is still BEAUTIFUL to me and I will cherish it even if it receives a PR1...

The Stargell I am not going to part with either, but I could be persuaded to swap the Concepion and some cash on my end for another Bench in hopes of a slightly better grade...