View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 06:21 PM

Default Boxing Exhibit Card Placard/Advertising Piece- UPDATED with Photo/Attachment

First time I have posted to the Forum, hopefully the accumulated wisdom can provide guidance to a wee neophyte...

I was shown a three photo boxing Exhibit card placard/advertising piece at a recent show. The paper thin photos are of Sugar Ray Robinson, Bob Montgomery, and Manuel Oritz (misspelling of Ortiz). I have no idea what a fair price for this would be; the Robinson would drive that I would think but no idea if the Ortiz/Oritz error is common or not. The fellow who had it does not deal in boxing, asked me what I thought it was worth. I had to tell him I had no clue and needed to some research. I bought a similar sized piece a while ago with Western stars on it for $30. Appreciate any assistance!

Photo of the placard attached. It is same format as those shown on page 125 of Adam Warshaw's EXHIBIT AND RELATED SPORTS ARCADE CARDS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boxing Exhibit 2 Placard.jpg (68.4 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by zarfumbra; 07-20-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added photo/attachment