View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Clayton

Well, for me, I was hooked the first time I saw a pre-war card on ebay. I was wanting to collect something, and I used to drive a bus route that went right past a sports card store. It reminded me of when I collected Topps as a kid in the late 70's, so I figured one day I'd go in there and start collecting baseball cards again.

I went in there one day and the guy had everything packed up in boxes and said he was closing down. He sold me two boxes full of modern cards (mostly '98-2004?), I think around 6 or 7 thousand mix matched cards for around $80.00. I bought binders & page sheets and in no particular order I just filled the slots.There were so many different kinds it became mind boggling . After I was done doing that, I started going on ebay and buying mix matched "lots" of modern stuff........until one day I found these "pre-war" cards. It was love at first sight. I was stung

I bought a T206 Hallman SGC 50 first, and bought other types after that- but although the other cards were nice, I was mostly attracted to the T206's. I began to try to learn about the set, and found Trae's site T206.org. He suggested I check out Net54 and said there's the best group of hobby guys on Net54,,,,,and he was right

I've learned so much here, and made some great friends- and still love T206's

Sincerely, Clayton