View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Dan Bretta

As a seller you can only really hope you don't run into a true psycho. A few years back I turned over a lady for non-payment after 10 days or so...she got so pissed at me that she then proceeded to hit the BIN on about 50 of the highest dollar items I had on ebay. I turned her over to ebay and they did nothing to her at all. I watched for a while to see if she would be kicked off and she never was.

Now just about a month ago I ran into another cretin. It was a bidder who asked if I would end an auction early for $100. I responded to him telling him that I was well aware that the item would sell for around $300 as recent transactions had proven. He mailed me back saying "no problem that he wasn't aware that it was worth that much". So a few days later I see the item is bid up to $1000. I look at the bid history and see that the underbidder is the guy who tried to get me to end it for $100. I email the underbidder and the top bidder to see what is going on. The top bidder I hear nothing from, but the underbidder emails me back right away saying that I'm crazy and that he never bid on my item at all. I ask him if he thinks I can't see the bid history. No response back. I call ebay and the lady on ebay says she will do some research while she puts me on hold. She comes back and tells me the high bidder and the underbidder are the same person. She tells me to cancel both bids and block both accounts. His punishment was apparently nothing as he is still on ebay under both accounts.

Here are the accounts

Bid retraction and cancellation history
Everyone can see that a bid has been retracted, but only you and the bidder can see the explanation
Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
jossalaz_8tdofzpsd ( 14Feedback score is 10 to 49) Cancelled: US $999.00
Explanation: Not a legitimate bidder Bid: Nov-20-16 18:16:24 PST
Cancelled: Nov-23-16 13:02:49 PST
michaevega-0 ( 13Feedback score is 10 to 49) Cancelled: US $990.00
Explanation: Not a legitimate bidder Bid: Nov-23-16 09:50:52 PST
Cancelled: Nov-23-16 13:03:13 PST

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 01-01-2017 at 10:12 PM.