View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
That's an unfortunate story.
Hopefully, more honest buyers cross your path Scott. ☺
I do have to say though, its a two-way street.
Before these modern changes to sellers on EBay, I had been ripped-off numerous times in the 'old days' of the Bay.
I received the completely wrong items, I had cards switched with lower grade examples than I had purchased, twice I received empty boxes, and twice I was fool enough to send money orders, both times with the items never sent, with one of the seller's then having the NERVE to claim on my feedback that I was a "greedy" buyer looking for free stuff.
Let's be honest, its other dishonest sellers that have ruined it for the honest individuals, but then again, that can be said for the buyer's as well.
Case in point, the Global Shipping Program was implemented due to countless sellers sending either empty boxes or the wrong items, with numerous buyer's also dishonest "claiming" they didn't receive their item. Now, as a Canadian buyer, I have to pay an exorbitant amount for shipping, so that the items are first sent from the seller to a processing plant, with EBay then opening and confirming the contents before they're then shipped to me.
Sadly, there never seems to be any middle ground on the Bay....
Its either sellers getting ripped... Or buyers taking it on the chin.
Global shipping is something I will never use again due to their high fees.
I have vented numerous times about it but I do understand, for the most part, why it is in place.

As a buyer, it surprises me when I hear some don't pay promptly or within a reasonable amount of time, but I guess some like to play games?
If it is a card/item you want, then pay for it when you win it. I don't understand the delay(s)?

As a buyer, I try to pay immediately after I have won unless I have won multiple, then I will wait for the combined shipping invoice.
This has worked in my favor with sellers as I am also treated very good when it comes to shipping speed and fees.

Feedback From When
Positive feedback rating outstanding eBay buyer. Paid quickly. Loyal customer of mine. Seller: doctorboctor.2008 ( 452Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month Feedback conversation
-- (#182397267588) -- View Item

Positive feedback rating Always a fast response and payment. Thanks. Highly Recommended! Seller: texasholdem ( 17358Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,999) During past month Feedback conversation
-- (#391656677569) -- View Item

Positive feedback rating Prompt payment from a highly recommanded buyer, thank to you. Seller: jac1504 ( 7221Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999) During past month Feedback conversation
-- (#262666885941) -- View Item

Positive feedback rating Fast payment. Great communication. A pleasure to do business with. Seller: pwcc_auctions ( 105269Red shooting star icon for feedback score in between 100,000 to 499,999) During past 6 months Feedback conversation
-- (#142165316926) -- View Item

Positive feedback rating Fast payment. 5 Stars Ebay Buyer. Thanks. Highly Recommended!