View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
Jay Miller was set up across from me and had binders full of Old Judges, I think Ted Z next to him had some N162's, and Paul Markoe typically has some very inexpensive low grade OJ's, although I didn't get a chance to browse around as much as usual.
I'd also like to give a huge thanks to Ryan Christoff, Ted Z, Mark Macrae, Jay Miller, Brian Marcy, Bill Cornell and Marty Pritchard for being so kind to my neighbor Asher and sharing so much knowledge. He reminds me a lot of Zach Rice 10 years ago in that he's so into the hobby and passionate about baseball history. Chris Levy also interviewed him for Sports Collectors Daily and I'm really looking forward to reading that, should give us a bit of a glimpse into the future of the hobby.
At one point someone showed him some T213 Coupon's that he liked a lot and rather than buy one he sat down with Ted Z for close to an hour and Ted gave him an incredible amount of information and a lot of notes about the issue. He was at my house at 8am this morning borrowing my Lipset Encyclopedia and I'm sure, like Zach, he'll be a walking version of it before long.
He was just one of many kids at the show, and their presence was one of the most rewarding aspects of the day.

Anthony

I'm back in the peaceful environs of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Anyhow, I found it quite adventurous in the Santa Monica/Culver City area. Driving can be quite a challenge.

I had a great time at the Show buying, trading, and selling BB cards. Meeting guys (for the 1st time), who I had known via emails or Net54. I brought an eclectic assortment
of cards.....N162's, T-cards, Goudey's, Diamond Stars, PlayBall's, Bowman's, Leaf's, and 1952 Topps.

Sold (or traded) cards from each of these 8 groups.....including 58 diff. Diamond Star cards. But, one of the hi-lites of the show was meeting Asher. This young enthusiastic
BB card collector is the future of this hobby. He asked a lot of intelligent questions about all issues. I was quite impressed with his knowledge of vintage cards. At the end
of the show, he purchased my 1935 Goudey cards. These 9 cards translated to 36 different subjects; and, I think Asher probably felt he was getting more "bang for his $$".

As we were packing up, Mark Macrae and I met Asher's Dad and we had a great time "Talking BaseBall" with him on many subjects.

Thanks guys for a great Show.

TED Z