View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Did you just ask why a guy who brazenly stole a 10k card from a dealer at a national card convention would “take that chance?” If criminals didn’t take chances, I would be a Literature Professor at the University of Miami. Either way, the logic applies: the card is pretty unique, and should be spotted by anyone who is aware that it was stolen. The fantastic left-to-right centering, coupled with the 95/5 (or so) top-to-bottom centering and multiple print dots are, as someone wrote, “a fingerprint.” It wouldn’t hurt to ask psa and sgc to keep an eye out.
Just because a guy takes a chance when he robs the bank doesn't mean he's going to compound his chances of getting caught by trying to deposit the stack of bills at another bank. I don't think your logic is right, really. I hope he trips up and gets caught, of course, but I am not optimistic.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.