View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Default Trouble With The Curve

Trouble With The Curve, starring Clint Eastwood as an aging baseball scout, won't be released until next week. I haven't seen the film yet (obviously), but have seen the preview several times, and see some very familiar photos.

The movie was filmed in and around Atlanta, with a lot of shots in Turner Field and in the Braves' offices. When the Braves moved into Turner Field in 1997 and opened their Hall of Fame and Museum, I loaned the museum numerous player photos which they copied and have used in displays at the museum and around the ballpark. (That's not as strange as it sounds - not a lot of material survived the moves from Boston to Milwaukee to Atlanta, and they had photos of Spahn and Mathews from Milwaukee but not Boston, etc.).

So, when I saw the previews, with some shots in the Braves' offices, I sat up and thought - "Hey, there's my pictures!" I'm looking forward to seeing the movie next week - I just regret that I was out of town while they were doing the filming, I'd love to have been an extra in the crowd shots, or whatever!