View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
No, Phil, I'm not going to change my mind. I've seen too many stories, video footage and pictures of the aftermath of a pit bull attack. It bothers me even more when it's a child.

What does California have to do with anything? Are pit bull attacks isolated to only California?

I really hate to bring this up, but I found your posts a bit ironic considering the stances and arguments you make as a hyper-vigilant gun rights advocate.

Rationalizations are brought up like, Pools are dangerous to, why don't we ban pools. Kids die in pools all the time.

From statistics I can find 307 people total have been killed in the U.S. AND Canada by Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes in the 32 year span of 1982 to 2014. That's "total"! Kids, Adults, etc......

http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/32-year-...ack-trends.pdf

Now, I'm going to forget about total gun deaths per year in the U.S. alone, because that's just not fair. Total accidental gun deaths alone.........scrap that out because it's just a vulgar number.

How about just total "accidental" gun deaths in the U.S. alone for children under the age of 18. It's a tough statistic to even pin down, but it seems it ranges in the "100" number.....per year. About half that if you count children under the age of 13.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...-we-dont-know/

I won't even get into the number of people maimed by dogs (all dogs), compared to the number of people maimed by guns.

But I bet, depending on the state you live in, you can bring any number of guns into a PetSmart, without any repercussions at all.

Funny, it just so happens the gun lobby is far more powerful then the pit bull lobby.

You may claim none of this makes any sense to you, they are strawman arguments, not relevant to the point...........but I would disagree with you, especially if I chose to attack with the same logic you are to this topic.