Thread: Facebook page?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 07:16 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I see people walking down the street, or sitting at tables with their friends, who literally cannot take their eyes off their devices for more than a couple of seconds at a time. This cannot be a good thing for them or society. Even in professional meetings younger people especially have one eye (or even two) on their devices much of the time. And what compels people to put their daily lives online for all the world to see, I truly don't get that.
As someone who has noticed this at even work meetings as well as social gatherings, I encourage people to use what I call the "the phone bet".

All members of the table place their phones face down on a pile in the center of the table. First person at the table to check their phone pays the bill.

I get many free lunches this way, lol.

Exceptions can be made per a table vote - ie: checking sports scores for the table.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 09-23-2016 at 07:17 AM.