View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 03:40 PM

For clarity, the vast number of T204's are one solid piece of stock. There were early cards made that were two part stock. I was told that years ago many of the old timers thought they all came that way but it has been shown that only a small percentage are truely two part cards, I have a small original group which many are markedly mis aligned. I also have seen one attached upside down, however upon close examination it was loose around the edges and was probably just stuck back together that way.

Now on to the blank backs. The true blank back cards are the same six that come with the square frames, Anderson, Bancroft, Bransfield, Burkett, Dineen and Moran. You will find these with both a glossy coated front and non-coated. My belief is that all the other blank backs not from the group of 6 are merely the front half of a two part card, I have a few of these outliers and when held up to light, these 1/2 stock cards show a thinner stock, due to the fact that it was adjoined prior to a back. Also the true blank backs will show strong embossing on the back, while separated two part cards will have weak embossing as it was applied to the back of the card and did not penetrate all the way though the two pieces. I have held the blank front shown above and feel it is only the back half of a two part card, so....somewhere out there perhaps there is a front with the same hole to match up to it.