View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

a few here have doubted her sincerity, even though they have.

1. never talked to her.

2. never communicated in any way with her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.
I am sticking with my original assessment. And you can quote me...I think you are a Fu***** idiot.