Thread: Pet Peeves?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
My really only one and it is MINOR; I ignore any BST listing that contains the phrase, "Now Accepting Offers." No pricing, no consideration on my part, even if it is a card I am looking for.
a very legit complaint. sellers know damn well what the prices they're willing to sell..."make an offer" is a bs excuse to try and get more. state a price if you want to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
internet abbreviations. I hate when I'm reading a thread and someone uses an abbreviation and I no longer have a clue what they're talking about. I'm usually thinking, WTF is he saying (okay, I know a few of them). How difficult is it to spell out the words? Does it entail another eight seconds of typing?
i text on the phone alot throughout the day, and also do some chatting. the abbreviations help tremendously in streamlining what i need to say. something becomes smth, address becomes addy etc. it's become second nature and sometimes i transfer that onto chatboards. i mostly try to shorten words and not expressions, smh is a big pet peeve. i don't care if you're shaking your head...