View Single Post
Old 10-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Default Confessions of a first time Yankee rooter

Posted By: TBob

My name is Bob and I am rooting for the Yankees. Hello, Bob. I have always been a Yankee hater and watched as the Evil Empire payrolled their way to victory in the 90's and as a little kid watched their stars roll up a staggering amount of championships. I have always empathized with the Red Sox as the perennial snake bitten unlucky underdogs, much as my ancestors rooted for the Dodgers but not this year.
Manny's Cadillac home run trots and hot dog antics (there's not enough mustard in the world to spread on him), Derek Lowe grabbing his crotch and gesturing to the heartbroken A's dugout after giving the old Italian gesture for F.U., Trot Nixon droning on about how Jesus Christ swung and hit the home run not him, ad nauseum, as if He really cared who won a baseball game, Pedro Martinez bragging that if Babe Ruth were alive today he would hit the fat b$@#&%$ in the "ass". These guys comprise the most classless team in the majors. I hope the Yankees kick their collective butts all over the place.
I know I will be rooting for the Cubbies if they make it to the W.S. against either the Red Sox or Yanks, but for now, I am a Yankee rooter.
There, felt better to get that confession off my chest.