View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default Confessions of a first time Yankee rooter

Posted By: TBob

Derick Lowe did NOT make an obscene gesture. A couple of crybaby A's, most noticably Tejada, whom I could easily lip read was mouthing most of the 7 naughty words after striking out, may have thought he did but that was probably sour grapes.>

Reporters at the game from both Boston and New York confirmed that Lowe grabbed his crotch and also made the Italian "F.U." sign to the A's dugout. Lowe later admitted he did these things and apologized for them, saying he was wrong to do them.

Trot Nixon made no such prounouncements on Jesus.>

On a post-game interview on television I heard and saw him say that it was Jesus Christ who swung the bat, not him. This was not 2nd hand, I saw and heard him say it, as did other friends of mine who couldn't believe it either.

Just today Pedro "The Punk" Martinez went intentionally head hunting on Garcia and made a gesture toward the Yankees dugout pointing to his head and smirking. Later when a scuffle broke out, The Punk threw 72 year old Don Zimmer to the ground and injured him. What courage! I guess there were no women or children around for him to hit. Ramirez later takes offense at a fast ball thrown by Clemens that didn't even come near to him, it was over the plate according to all 3 announcers and the replay confirmed it. "Mental case" Manny stalks toward the mound carrying his bat at Clemens. And then, to top it all off, a Boston Red Sox groundskeeper starts a fight in the Yankee bullpen.
These are not the Bosox of Williams or Lonborg or Yaz or Fisk or Rice or Lynn or Tiant or Lee. They are punks, jerks and hot dogs, granted with a few notable exceptions. I used to feel sorry for them because of The Curse. Now I hope it never ends.