View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Confessions of a first time Yankee rooter

Posted By: runscott

I saw the altercations on Fox television, but didn't interpret them anwhere near how you did, nor did any of the analysts I heard discussing it on the radio this morning. If I was a 72-yr old slob I would not be charging at someone younger and stronger - it was admirable that Pedro, instead of hitting him right in the nose, pushed him away forcefully. I'm also not surprised that Zimmer fell on his face.

I think the proper response to Pedro's action was exactly what Clemens did - a high hard one, just a touch inside, to the most volatile player on the opposition's team. Clemens had to do what he did, regardless of warnings he had gotten from the umpires - I'm just surprised it wasn't a few more inches inside (maybe it was meant to be).

Perhaps Pedro is a punk as you think, and Clemens is a pompous ass, as I believe - I just hope we get to see the two of them pitch again in this series.

On a lighter note, a Red Sox fan called in to the radio today and was getting all excited discussing the rivalry when the radio guy interrupted and said "a hammer and a nail is not a rivaly...a dog and a fire hydrant is not a rivalry..".